Friday, January 7, 2011

new year's resolutions!

New Years has come and gone, but every year, people around the world make resolutions to help keep them through the year.  Most people set out to make them but never follow though; I, myself, do the exact same thing.  However, I've been making promises to myself recently that I've been keeping, so I thought that this might be the year of me actually keeping some of my resolutions!  
 
 
Here's a picture of mine.  I wrote it on the piece of stationary that I received in my metamorphose Crown Label Honey Picnic Special Set!  (Which I absolutely love, by the way; it's the best $150 that I spent all year because it included a print that I absolutely adored since it's initial release, matching socks, a blouse, and a necklace!  Here's a photo of me wearing most of it!)
 
If you can't read what it says, here's what I wrote:
  • exersize 30 minutes every day (at least!)
  • keep up my blog!  post every other friday
  • keep updating my etsy
  • sell at a convention!
  • make better use of my current wardrobe
  • stop cutting corners when I sew for myself
  • sew more in general
  • expand my wardrobe
  • buy brand that I LOVE!  (more prints!)
  • settle on a favourite colour scheme and stick to it
  • expand my lolita style!
  • be a more loving person to everyone
  • stop being mean
  • be more helpful
  • learn to love myself
  • more generic ones!
As you can see, most of these are related to lolita!  (I have more personal ones but I chose not to include those, as I was trying to keep to only lolita ones because they seem more achievable!)  I reallywant to start exersizing to get into shape and to be able to wear more lolita; while I am perfectly fine with my body the way it currently is, I am aware that at my current size, I am not able to wear all of  the dresses that I want to -- in fact, I know that my dream dress would not fit me!  By exersizing, I hope to get healthy while losing some weight.  I don't need to lose much!  My goal is to lose two inches on all of my measurements by the end of the year, so that gives me some time to work on it.
 
One of my dreams recently is to sell my wears at a convention.  It just seems so fun to me!  I'm not that into anime or manga, or Japanese music to be honest, but I like going to conventions because of the atmosphere (along with the lolita programming!)  I would really love to sell at one of them; even though I don't make a lot of stuff and I don't sell a lot either, I want to sell at one so that I could kind of get my name out there in the general public and so that I could feel more professional!  Those seem like silly reasons, but I would really love to be able to create things at a professional level, and I have ever since I was little.  In relation to that, even though I love to sew, I haven't been able to lately because of how busy and stressful my school life has been recently!  A lot of my lolita wardrobe is handmade and I always get lots of compliments on my handmade items.  Plus, sewing is really fun and it usually takes my stress level down, so I would really like to get back into that!  I just bought four new fabrics to make a dress and two skirts out of, so I'm pretty excited about that.  My first projects of the new year!
 
I have a habit of wanting a lot of things, so one of my goals this year is to stop buying things I just like and only buy things that I love!  Usually I see something, and if I like the price, then I get it.  This usually ends up with me reselling whatever item for a considerably lower price, which results in me being sad!  So I'm going to make a concious effort to only buy things that I am absolutely in love with.  (Luckily, Angelic Pretty hasn't been putting out appealing prints recently, so I'm definitely safe there for the time being!)  My wardrobe is also completely eccletic in terms of colours, so I usually only have a few things to match a few other things!  One of my definite goals for this year is to kind of reorganize my wardrobe, sell thing that I can't really match, and try to settle on a few colours to buy stuff in.  I'm leaning towards pink, black, and mint green right now!

These are just a few of my lolita-related goals for this new year.  What are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment